This Privacy Statement is meant to help you understand what data we collect, how we use it, and what safeguards are in place to protect your data on the Sites. This Privacy Statement also applies to information collected offline through trade shows, seminars, conferences, or through other activities.
SUMMARY OF KEY POINTS
WHAT INFORMATION DOES RESERVOIR COLLECT?
Reservoir collects the following types of information about you when you visit our Sites (collectively, “Personal Data”) or through the offline means described above:
- If you visit our sites, we automatically collect your domain name and/or IP address;
- If you communicate with us by email, we collect your email address;
- If you seek employment with us and provide us with information through offline means, we collect information in connection with employment opportunities, through our online recruiting tool.
- Otherwise, Personal Data is only collected on Reservoir Sites or via offline means if you voluntarily choose to provide it. Such Personal Data includes your name and/or that of your employer, title, address, telephone number and email address as well as account or transaction information collected as part of our business relationship with you.
HOW THE COMPANY USES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect your Personal Data in order to:
- Conduct our business, including providing you the products or services you requested
- Send you marketing communications about new or updates to our existing products and services
- Comply with our legal obligations
- Maintain and improve our Sites and tailor the user experience
- Protect the security of you and the Sites
- Provide customer service and otherwise administer our business relationship with you
As required by applicable law, we rely on several different legal bases to collect, use, and share your Personal Data:
- Necessity to Perform Contract with You – we need to process your Personal Data to provide our products and services, ensure products and services are working as they should, answer questions and requests from you, manage our business relationship with you and provide customer support;
- Compliance with Legal Obligations – we need to process your Personal Data to comply with relevant laws, regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal process;
- Consent for Direct Marketing Communications – we rely on your consent to send you direct marketing, which you can unsubscribe from at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the relevant communications or contact us as detailed below; and
- Based on Legitimate Interests – we process your Personal Data to protect your security and the security of the Sites; to detect and prevent fraud; to protect and defend the rights or property of others, or our own rights and interests; and to maintain and improve the user experience.
We do not use automated decision-making, or perform data profiling, that is, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affects you.
You are not required to provide all Personal Data identified in this Privacy Statement to use our Sites or to interact with us offline, but certain functionality will not be available if you do not provide certain Personal Data. If you do not provide certain Personal Data, we may not be able to respond to your requests, perform a transaction with you, or provide you with marketing that we believe you would find valuable.
ARE COOKIES USED ON RESERVOIR SITES?
In addition to a domain name and/or IP address, Reservoir collects information about you automatically when you visit our Sites. The information that is automatically collected does not include your name, address, telephone number, or email address. This information tells us such things as how many users visited our site and the pages they have accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our Sites for our current and future visitors. To collect this information, we use a number of different analytics, media optimization tools, analytics tags and pixel tracking activity through ‘cookie’ technology or with ‘web beacons,’ as explained below:
- Session Cookies – also called a transient cookie, a session cookie stores information about a user on its temporary memory so that it can remember something about you when you are visiting that site. Session cookies do not collect information from your computer and are erased when you close your Web browser.
- Persistent Cookies – Also called a permanent cookie, or a stored cookie, a persistent cookie collects identifying information about the user including web-surfing behavior and user preferences for a specific website. Persistent cookies are set with an expiration date and stored on your hard drive until it expires or until you delete from your computer.
In some instances, cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site. Most Internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance altogether if you prefer. Please be advised that if you choose to not allow browser cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all the website features offered by Reservoir.
Certain pages on our website(s) contain ‘web beacons’ also known as internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs. A web beacon is a small graphic image placed on the web page designed to allow Reservoir to monitor incoming traffic and obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears as well as the URL of the page, the time the page was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. We also use web beacons to recognize a unique cookie on your web browser, which enables us to learn which advertisements brought you to our website(s).
The information collected by all cookies and web beacons includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet, the operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the site and geographical location. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
In order to help gather more information about site usage, reservoircenter.org and its affiliated sites use advertising, analytics, media cookies and tags, including:
Necessary cookies help make our website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
To learn more about certain cookies used for interest based advertising by third parties, including through cross-device tracking, and to exercise certain choices regarding such cookies, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance-Canada, European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance or your device settings for if you have the DAA or other mobile app.
Do-Not Track: At this time, our Site is not configured to honor browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals.
HOW THE COMPANY SHARES YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
- If we are requested to disclose Personal Data by law, court of law, or as requested by a governmental or law enforcement authority, we may do so.
- We may pass your Personal Data or details of your use of the web site to other companies within the Reservoir group of companies.
- We may share information as necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on Reservoir’s information technology systems, and as necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense.
- Reservoir does not sell to third parties any Personal Data derived from a visitor’s visit to or use of a Reservoir Site except as part of the sale of a subsidiary or of all or substantially all of the assets of an operating division, which subsidiary or division collected or uses such information in the ordinary course of business.
- Reservoir takes appropriate steps to keep Personal Data confidential and only discloses this information to personnel in a Reservoir firm or a third party that needs to have access to the information for legitimate business purposes. We may make your information available to our distributors, sales representatives or other business affiliates so that they may respond to a visitor’s inquiry or provide information about our own or related goods or services that we believe support your business needs.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Occasionally, Reservoir Sites may provide links to the web sites of our distributors, sales representatives or other business affiliates. In these situations, we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices they employ and encourage you to read their own privacy disclosures.
HOW THE COMPANY STORES, TRANSFERS, OR PROCESSES YOUR PERSONAL DATA ACROSS BORDER
As permitted by applicable law, Reservoir may transmit the Personal Data we collect on Reservoir Sites to representatives, global affiliates, and service providers in the United States or other countries where we do business that are outside your home country, and have different standards of data protection than your home country. We provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by law, including information transferred to third parties. With respect to such transfers from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to the United States and other non-EEA jurisdictions, we may rely on European Union (“EU”) Model Clauses and Binding Corporate Rules and/or the need to process your information in order to provide the requested services (e.g., performance of a contract) to transfer your Personal Data. As permitted by applicable law, you may request details about the suitable safeguards we have in place by contacting us as described below.
As permitted by applicable law, you may have the right to obtain confirmation of the existence of certain Personal Data relating to you, to verify its content, origin, and accuracy, as well as the right to access, review, port, delete, or to block or withdraw consent to the processing of certain Personal Data (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal), by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that we may need to retain certain Personal Data as required or permitted by applicable law.
You have the following choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data:
- Marketing Communications. If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed or receive any other communication from Reservoir, please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communications or contact us using the link below.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. Please review your browser or computer settings for certain cookies and see above to exercise certain choices regarding cookies.
HOW THE COMPANY RETAINS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Reservoir only retains your Personal Data for the minimum amount of time necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was collected.
HOW THE COMPANY PROTECTS THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
Reservoir uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged with our site. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site. We also employ reasonable technologies to keep the Personal Data you provide on Reservoir Sites secure.
Reservoir maintains a Data Security Incident Response Plan that would provide notification as required by applicable law in the event of an unlawful or unauthorized disclosure of personal data.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
Reservoir may update this Privacy Statement from time to time as our business (e.g. merger/acquisition) and services change, or as required by law. The effective date of our Privacy Statement is posted above, and we encourage you to visit our Sites periodically to stay informed about Reservoir’s privacy practices. We will post the updated version of the Privacy Statement on our Site, and ask for your consent to the changes if legally required to do so.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
- If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.