– High School Careers in Water Event –
High school students are eager to understand how they can build and apply skills to tackle real-world challenges. The Work in Water Open House provides students with the inspiration, tools, and resources to envision an impactful and meaningful career by providing a critical resource to communities: water. We need everyone, with all different talents and skills, to ensure clean water and sanitation.
Our event will allow students to:
- Get their hands wet and learn about careers in water through interactive displays and learning stations.
- Develop key career readiness skills, including resume building, interviewing, and networking.
- Explore an array of career opportunities in the water sector and other fields that allow students to have a positive impact on their communities.
- Meet professionals from an array of backgrounds working in water, sustainability, and climate.
- High school students from across the DMV who have interests in marketing, communications, community outreach, event planning, engineering, skilled trades, operations, program management, leadership, or an undiscovered interest!
- We’re excited to host up to 100 students.
- A career prep and resources event featuring local, regional, and international organizations eager to empower students and allow them to explore career paths that positively impact their community and environment. This will include an interactive discussion about various career opportunities related to water.
- Located in Navy Yard on the green line, the Reservoir Center, at 301 Water St SE, promotes collaboration throughout the water sector and aims to empower youth to tackle global water challenges.